Friday, March 25, 2011

Tom Nixon - Fly Tying and Fly Fishing for Bass and Panfish


Below, you will find a link to the 3rd ed. of "Fly Fishing and Fly Tying for Bass and Panfish" by Tom Nixon. The ebay seller is listed as Tom Nixon jr., which very well may be the case . . . based on it's a local publisher and I think Tom was pushing these before his death. At least, that's what some of the folks I used to swap flies with were mentioning - as some were members of the same fly club as Tom.

I just want to promote a book that helped me establish some patterns for warm water species. Some of them are Tom's patterns and some are custom/variants. There are detailed diagrams and steps - I have the 1st or 2nd edition . . . color photos and all. I do think he was a pioneer, granted he's not Henschall nor invented the Peckinpaugh Popper.

But he did design the .56%er and Calcasieu Pigboat . . . among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment