Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Warden's Worry - Bass Fly Tying Pattern


I have tied this fly a few times. Don't think I've ever fished it. Hoping to try this one out soon . . . if we can get rid of this snow. Looks to be at least 15 inches thus far today. This is a Tom Nixon pattern. Not very fancy. I substituted a few materials.

Tail - Red goose wing feathers fibers.

Body - Rear half, silver embossed tinsel. Front half, yellow chenille with yellow saddle hackle wound over it.

Wing - Natural brown buck tail topped with yellow buck tail.

Shoulder - Jungle cock.

Head - Black with red and white eyes.

Hook - #2, #4, #6, 4X long.

I've tied up about 80 flies over the past 8 days. Lots of snow in the forecast today. Got my truck stuck in the driveway and street this morning. Four wheel drive is not functioning. At least it drives.

1 comment:

  1. That fun winter is headed my way. Woo hoo!
    I like this fly, looks like a good attractor.

    ReplyDelete