Monday, May 10, 2010

Strawberry Bass??


I've heard of Calico Bass and Sac au Lait but Strawberry Bass?? Must be a northern description for Crappie.

Somehow, I broke my reel. Yet, I decided to use it. I mean, do ya' really need to reel in a panfish on a fly rod? ONLY IN MY DREAMS. Still thinking of going out for some crappie today. Beginning next week, I'm going on vacation for 8 days. I will be targeting some local waters and possibly even targeting Carp.

Still gotta find that oar for my kayak . . .

Oh yeah, I was amazed to find a section in the paper yesterday about Crappie fishing. There was even a photo of a large bluegill. I absolutely love it when I see the photo of bluegill in the paper.

1 comment:

  1. We call them crappie in the eastern part of NY. Out in the western part they call them Calico's. I've heard Strawberry Bass but mostly from southerners.

    No matter what they're called, they're both fun to catch and delicious when through the ice.

    ReplyDelete