Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Fly Tying Instructions Foam Flies for Smallmouth Bass






I made this fly a day or two before catching this guy.  My box is loaded with foam flies.

This is a pretty easy foam pattern.  All you need is a Beavertail cutter from River Road Creations - or just do your best to cut a pattern with scissors.  I've caught a lot of fish on foam flies made with and without foam cutters.

Materials

  • for this size cutter, I'm using a TMC 8089 #10 for bass.  Smaller or larger cutters may require a different hook size.  
  • Beavertail Cutter from River Road Creations
  • Whatever thread you have but not something small that is used for nymphs.
  • Rubber Legs
  • 2mm Foam - from the fly shop, walmart, whatever.
After watching the video, let me know if you have any questions.  You may have to click the video twice.







1 comment:

  1. Josh
    Awesome hopper, got to love landing those smallmouth. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete