Friday, September 24, 2021

Wade fishing for Smallmouth Bass

 I don’t always fly fish for smallmouth bass.  Sometimes, I do a little spin fishing .



My boys will fish every now and again but prefer spin fishing to fly fishing.  So, I decided to do a little spin fishing too.  Growing up, I had a Kmart Sportfisher spinning rod.  I did a little bass fishing with baitcaster but didn’t do so well - mostly because I wasn’t too focused on it at the time.  

I’ve done really well with a spinning rod this year.  Mainly, I’ve been casting flies but also a few soft baits.  This year has been a good one and with a lot of outings.  So, I just don’t know where to begin.

I’ll just post a few photos and then follow up with another post or two sometime soon.  I even built a spinning rod and updated my son’s old spinning rod.  More posts to come.  

Cheers.









3 comments:

  1. Those smallmouth had to be a blast on light spinning gear---what length spinning rod was you using---I still fish with my micro-light spinning rods some and think at times I am using my 7 1/2 ft. fly rod, which is the length of the both my micro rods. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun. I built a 5’5” Fenwick on NOS last Spring. That spinning rod is a blast. Especially on the really small creeks.

      Delete
    2. That’s my comment. - Josh

      Delete