Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bass Fly Pattern - Calcasieu Pigboat


This bass fly pattern is one of my first attempts at tying a Calcasieu Pigboat. And following the instructions of Tom Nixon, I added a spinning blade. I have used this pattern but never landed anything on it. Although, my father landed some bass on the one I gave him . . . until it came off. He told me, "I almost cried."

Material List: Rubber legs
Chenille
lead wire
marabou
hackle
spinner blade

Tying Instructions: Tie in marabou tail or rubber legs for tail. If using rubber legs tie up on hook about 1/2 way up. Tie in chenille and hackle wrapping both to about 3/4 up the hook. Tie on rubber hackle or legs for the skirt. About 8 on each side. about 60 in all. have them extend to match about the lenght of the tail. the length of the pigboat should extend about 1/2 inch or so from bend of hook. Tied in head paint eyes and cement. This can be tied weedless.

Presentation Tips: Strip in fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment