Friday, August 10, 2012

Smallmouth fly pattern - Ugly Kong


I'm heading out to the stream tomorrow.  Maybe some smallmouth bass will hammer my topwater flies.  I may tie on a few panfish flies too.  With the weather dropping about 10 degrees and the evenings cooling down, tomorrow morning should be an enjoyable outing.  Whereas, the last few times I went fishing, it was at least 104 - 108 degrees.

I've been tying up flies today.  The pattern in the photo is my take on the King Kong but with a larger hook.  The design calls for elk hair as the 3 wings.  I lost my elk hair and deer hair.  I can't find that stuff anywhere!!

Anyways, just throwing up a photo to share with my friends and readers.  If you are on Instagram, my ID is smallie74.

I have listed more flies on ebay - http://myworld.ebay.com/riverwalker74 .  Also, I have flies listed at my store - https://joshs-flies.myshopify.com/ Secure shopping and cheap shipping.

Also, you can buy flies I list on my blog.  If interested, email me at rzrbk804@yahoo.com

Tightlines!!


No comments:

Post a Comment