Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Smallmouth Fly Patterns

Preparing for more smallmouth bass fly fishing. Bought some flies from www.riverbum.com. The flies were shipped in some nice containers that I can keep with me on the stream. Got a sticker too.

I decided to go with a few sunfish patterns, King Kongs and of course, Clousers. I decided to throw in a Bitch Creek Nymph for drifting and for landing a few panfish. I am going to use the King Kong fly patterns to drift and for possible top water popping action. They are large and I hope they will attract the attention of some lurking bass.

I don't drift much for smallmouth. At least on top. I have landed the rare bass on an Elk Hair Caddis. I also look forward to landing a few smallies on crawdad patterns. Which is rare for me.

Still pondering the purchase of a kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment