Monday, December 24, 2012

Free flies anyone? Warm water fly fishing.


With all the traffic my blog receives, I figured folks would be lined up to get free flies.  I know it's not the best blog and I'm not posting pics of big hogs but it's got a bit of foam and a lot of fish.  Even if you join via RSS feed, it's cool.  If you say you view my blog but aren't on Blogger, that's great too.

See the photo above?  I was experimenting last night with foam.  I bought some eyes to give these little fellars some life.  To say that I love bluegills and panfish isn't enough.  They've helped my progression in fly tying.  I used to tie up a bunch of poppers for largemouth bass but have chased smallmouth bass more often than anything over the past few years.  I'm trying to come up with some foam patterns for bass too.


These are only size 8.  I've landed a number of smallmouth bass on size 8 top water patterns.  I've landed a lot of medium to large bass on size 4 foam patterns too.  I'm gonna throw some more articulated flies on the ol' blog in the next day or so.  However, I am still going to give out free flies.  When we reach 10 nwe members, I'm going to ask a trivia question of fly fishing nature and the first 3 to respond correctly or quickest will receive flies which are shown below.


Merry X-Mas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment