Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Tying instructions for the "Shucker"




Here are the tying instructions for the Shucker.  I've been getting a lot of requests for it on FB and Instagram.  Great for Smallmouth Bass and other warm water species.  My "go-to" pattern for Smallies.  It just might be original but there are so many patterns out there - I don't know.

*I've made changes to the pattern - Allen B200 size 10 bass hook and nickel or brass eyes.

http://purposehere.blogspot.com/2013/05/tying-shucker-warm-water-fly-tying.html

Here is a blog post of an outing with the Shucker.

http://purposehere.blogspot.com/2013/07/shucking-smallmouth-bass.html

Good luck tying and let me know if you have any questions.

Tight lines.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Josh, I have heard you bang the drum for this fly before. I am going to add this to my warmwater box and see how Colorado fish handle it.... Thanks for the tying tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I guess the only thing I would change about this pattern is that I now use Allen B200 size 10 bass hooks.

      Delete
    2. Josh, do you fish these for Bluegill on that style hook, also?

      Delete