Friday, March 13, 2009

Simple yet effective.

This post is from my old blog. http://warmwaterflyfishing.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 11, 2006

McGinty - A good bluegill pattern.
I just tied up a bunch of these for a swap on Fly Tying Forum. This is a Bumble Bee imitation. this pattern can be fished dry or wet - crappie have been know to take this fly too.


Tail - Red hackle barbs over barred teal

Body - yellow and black chenille

Hackle - brownWings - White tipped mallard wing quill ( I substituted a wood duck feather)


I haven't tied on this pattern much less tied the thing. I am looking forward to landing a few 'gills on this pattern. As I receive flies from swaps - I will ues them - post a photo and tell of my success.I can't figure out why I never tied this pattern before.

No comments:

Post a Comment